I saw a darling card on Diane Scisneros' site and just had to try it. I had such fun making it and will share a little tutorial for you
and then you open it up and POP
The little penguin pops up!! LOVE it!
Here's a quick tutorial
1. Cut two pieces of card stock 8 1/2" x 4 1/4". Score each one at 1 1/2" and 3". Fold each end starting with a valley fold and then a mountain fold.
2. To make the "wiper", cut a piece of card stock 1 1/2" x 3". Mark one long side in the middle (1 1/2") and score from that mark to the opposite corner.
Fold that piece up. Cut a piece of Designer Series Paper 1 1/2" square and adhere that to the top of you "wiper" piece. Add whatever piece you want to pop up over the DSP - great idea for a birthday! Pop up the number of the recipient;s birthday!!
3. Add your "wiper" between the score lines with the pop up piece facing down - adhere it just below the top.
4. Add adhesive to the first score line and adhere front to the back - do same on the other side. You card will look like this from the top
5. Decorate the front - I added some designer series to the back and also to the sides.
Snow Place Stamp Set 139738 (page 33)
Snow Friends Framelits 139664 (page 33)
Sparkly Seasons 139825 (page 40)
Home for Christmas Designer Series Paper 139592 (page 9)
Let me know if you have any questions!!