I'm always searching for new ideas to share with my club members and found this on Stampin' Connection shared by a couple of people. Love this interesting and different fold - and LOVE the fact it's SO easy to make. I used the beautiful new Modern Medley Designer Series Paper (LOVE Black and White - well, actually Black and Very Vanilla! and SO glad they brought some back for this year!!). I used both sides and made two cards to show the different ways it can be used!
and the flip side of the same design
Stamp Sets: Serene Silhouettes (132073 W, 127324 C, page 64); Blooming with Kindness (131916 W, 126422 C, page 65); Friendship Preserves (131919 W, 127913 C, page 117)
Card Stock: Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Modern Medley Designer Series Paper (126926, page 154)
Ink: Black Staz-on (101406, page 165)
Punch: 1 3/4" Circle (119850, page 182)
Big Shot: Window Frames Collection Framelits (129021, page 186)
Tools: Paper Piercing Tool (126189, page 179); Paper Piercing Pack Festive (127857, page 179)
Tutorial (I used a different piece of the DSP for this tutorial)
1. Start with a piece of designer series paper cut 5 1/2" x 12" and scored at 2", 4", 8" and 10"
2. Measure at the 1/2 way mark on each short side - 2 3/4"
3. Line up one of the short sides at the 2 3/4" mark and the 4" score line and cut off that "triangle
Do this on both sides lining up the 2nd side with the 8" score line
4. The cut off pieces are now adhered to the bottom sides of the big piece as in picture
5. Valley fold on the 4" and 8" score lines and mountain fold on the 2" and 10" score lines
7. Cut piece of Designer Series Paper 10" x 1". Score on each end at 2 7/8". Fold on score lines and add a piece of Sticky Stick Tape to one end to adhere
8. Stamp Friendship Preserves "Hello" on scrap of Very Vanilla and cut out with the smallest Windows Frames Framelit. Attach to Basic Black 1 3/4" circle
9. Cut out a Very Vanilla piece with the 2nd smallest Window frames framelit and using Festive Paper Piercing Pack and Paper Piercing tool. Attach sentiment to this piece and to front of Belly Band
Here's another card I made using the Gingham Garden Designer Series Paper
Stamp Set: Cycle Celebration (130270 W, 130273 C, page 10)
Card Stock: Gingham Garden (129310, page 153)
Ink: Island Indigo, Melon Mambo
Punch: Decorative Label (120907, page 181)/ Itty Bitty PUnch Pack (118309, page 180)
Embellishment: Candy Dots Regals Island Indigo (130932, page 171)
You can place your order online here anytime!!